Thursday, March 12, 2009

MBA in a Day!

I read this book by Steven Stralser. It's a good read for those who want to get a crux of what is taught in B-School and especially useful for those who want to start a business or very busy in life and do not have time to go for B-School. Obviously, you cannot learn what the school teaches over a period of 1,2 or 3 years, but it has quite relevant and practical information. Moreover, it is very easy to understand and give lot of actionable insights to help approach business practically.

Also, as a BSchool aspirant, I found it quite interesting and gave me fair idea about various terminologies in negotiations, marketing, finance, accounting. It contains 14 chapters each addressing different part of core business areas such as organization behavior, marketing, accounting, finance, micro and macro economics. In addition to that, it addresses some of the core soft skills such as Ethics, team building, leadership.

On the hindsight, I am wondering if I had read this book earlier, I could have probably written my essays and talked about career goals in a better language or say in better business language. Just wondering :)

3 comments:

Choc Heaven said...

thanks :)

Anonymous said...

There's a similar book titled "The Ten-day MBA" by Steven A. Silbiger.
That's quite good too. Am planning to pick that up and finish it b4 joining the school. :-) (I know I plan too much.. :-| )

Anonymous said...

Thanks for this really informative post........Keep it up.

http://www.mbaprograms.350.com/