Saturday, April 17, 2010

Graduated

I have finally graduated from IIMB with the degree in hand. We had our 35th Annual convocation on 29th March. I had great time while visiting bangalore again. We had some felicitation ceremony for office staff on 28th. In the evening around 6pm there was a culture program in the auditorium which was followed by dinner for all the graduating students and their family. The food was fabulous and I fed myself to the brim.

Next day started with rehearsal of the convocation, graduation walk etc. I met with most of my batchmates and everyone was happy and in joyous mode. After the rehearsal, I went out for lunch with couple of friends and went home to change and dress up for evening function. We gathered near library to collect our gowns, had a group photograph, some snacks and got in place for forming queue for the final graduation walk. It was my first walk in India. I was not able to go for my undergrad convocation.






After we went to auditorium, the chief guest, Mr. Radhakrishnan (Chairman ISRO) and Chairman, Mr. Mukesh Ambani walked in along with director. After waiting for an hour watching various students walking upto stage and getting their degree, our time came. I went up and walked up, shook hands with Mr. Ambani and collected by degree with pride.
It was great experience, and I can see the fruits of one year hard labor :)
Few of the next batch students also joined in the convocation to cheer us up. Thanks guys.

Taking a break for few more days before going back to Corporate world. I am very excited as well as little nervous on going back. I am excited on hope to apply the concepts I have learned during my education, but nervous about expectations my employer and supervisor will have from me, given that I am coming from one of the top B-Schools in India. I hope it will work out well.

As I promised last time, I will be more regular with my blogs from now on. Catch up soon.

2 comments:

N. Nagajyothi said...

Hey congrats on your graduation from IIMB. Being an IIMB aspirant myself, this is very inspiring and motivating. I would like you to share this blog on Beat The Gmat blogdirectory.Here is the link:http://www.beatthegmat.com/mba/blogs/all
BTG has more than 1 million users and I am sure many other aspirants would be benefited by your blog.

Unknown said...

Hi can you please reply to me regarding information on what kind of placement did u get.